Tonya Edinger was featured as one of Pittsburgh’s best wedding planners by Expertise in 2016, so we asked her why brides should use a wedding planner. Here are her top five reasons:
1. The right planner can get you a better deal to meet your budgetary needs. Wedding planners have connections with the vendors. Certain vendors give clients special deals because they know that the wedding planer will keep bringing them business. Frequently, vendors will gift add-ons to you because of the relationships the planner has forged.
2. Emotional and emergency circumstances are dealt with for you. You don’t need to worry about family opinions or issues that may arise. The right planner will negotiate and gently handle many circumstances. We are prepared with emergency backup plans that can be executed as needed. I always have an emergency kit with me, just in case. I WILL fix it. That’s my job.
3. Experience and education are vital. Event planners, like me, have orchestrated hundreds of weddings and mastered the art. We strive to be better at every event. No one wants the same wedding as someone else, so your creativity to design your dream wedding is unlimited with a wedding planner. Certified wedding planners attend conferences and masterminds with experts to stay up-to-date, ensuring success!
4. You are passionate about your fiancé. The planner should be passionate about creating YOUR dream wedding. One of my favorite quotes is “Communication is key.” I plan exactly what you want for your event. I create a masterpiece from your vision. I will provide you with as much advice, pictures, and creativity as I can, but you have the final say in everything from flowers to cake and venue to dress.
5. You and your family should enjoy the day. Have you ever been at a wedding where the bride’s mother runs around frantically the whole night? The right wedding planner is organized and offers solutions so your mom can enjoy the day without distractions! I keep detailed notes about conversations with vendors, pay close attention to details, and have contracts on hand to reassure everything will get done according to our plan so your whole family can have a great time and enjoy spending the day with you, the happy bride!