I am Joanna Chanis, a professional mentor and resilience expert. I help women like you, by sharing the lessons I learned while healing from breast cancer and other life experiences so you can have a healthier and happier life.
Have you ever felt stuck? Like that feeling when you first open your eyes in the morning and you wish you could stay in bed and not have to face the day. During my journey with cancer, the pandemic, and a divorce all within a 10-month period you can rest assured I have had a few of those days. I get it, that feeling that it’s just all too much and you want to hide under the covers until it all goes away. Well, like many of you, the responsibilities of my life didn’t allow for those days.
So, I found myself getting up and going through the motions, doing all that was “required” of me. I completed checklists at home, took care of my daughters, and even published a book during this time. I was doing what I needed to do to survive, but I had never felt so, “stuck”.
I think there are many of us that feel that way and just go through the physical motions every day because we simply have to, but on the inside we feel stuck or in a rut.
Do you ever feel that way? If you said yes, you are not alone!
Here are a few things I did to help me get “unstuck”. They will help you, too.
- I started to help others. This is a tried-and-true way to move in a better direction.
- I keep a notebook on my nightstand, and each morning before I do anything else, I write down 3 things that I am grateful for. This gratitude practice has changed my life.
- I stopped watching the news.
- I walked outside alone without my phone for an hour each day.
- I ate healthy, nurturing food that made me feel good. Listen to your body.
These are just a few of the tools I use and teach others with great success. If you would like to connect with me you can find me at www.joannachanis.com.